Tuesday, September 15, 2009

day 13...09-15-09


I shot this on my way out of the library tonight after Camera Club. It's not a super strong photo by any means but I shot it with "my purse camera" and I posted it more because I saw an opportunity and I stopped to capture it, rather than letting it pass by and that is one part of the whole lesson to be learned by this project .




Shot this one just cause it made me laugh, another random opportunity. She was set up on the grassy meridian just outside the Tim Horton's on 8th St. reading a book and enjoying her timmies. Right after this I witnessed a nearly massive accident. I was in the passenger side and had my camera on and in my hand with the window rolled down, as a car turned left in front of us on College Dr. on to Preston and was almost t-boned by the car in the lane to the left of us. I watched in slow motion as the the car beside me missed the other car by mere feet. I was paralized and did not get the near miss shot, but the whole time I was wondering if I would be in the right place at the right time to shoot the impact and the aftermath if it happened... nope not this time, thankfully. It would have been nasty.

1 comment:

  1. This photo has great colour which enhances the shadows that are creating fantastic shapes.

    An opportunity captured in what is some times missed.

    The score is 9

    ReplyDelete